Keswick was the site of the second Congregational church built in New Brunswick, the first church being in Maugerville. The building in Keswick was up and operating by 1826 with the same minister from Maugerville travelling to Keswick to preach. Within the bounds of the Keswick Ridge Congregational Church were Bear Island, Scotch Lake, Scotch Settlement, Lake Island, Douglas, Queensbury, and Cardigan. The final conference of the Congregational Conference in the Maritime Provinces was held at Keswick Ridge in July 1924.
There was also a Methodist circuit in Keswick Ridge. A Methodist church was erected in 1876. When the United Church of Canada was formed in 1925, there were two Keswick pastoral charges, Keswick and Keswick Ridge, with preaching points at Keswick, Keswick Ridge, Birdton, Cardigan, Mouth of Keswick, Caverhill, Smith Corner, Scotch Lake, Bear Island, and Lower Queensbury. On September 1, 1989, Keswick Ridge Pastoral Charge became a one point charge and the remaining preaching points, Central Kingsclear, Scotch Settlement, and Bear Island, remained together to form the Valley Mission Field. Birdton became part of the Kingsley-Birdton Pastoral Charge. Upper Keswick Ridge United Church closed in 1969. Keswick Ridge Pastoral Charge is part of Woolastock Presbytery.
The building pictured here was originally the Upper Keswick Ridge Methodist Church. The building was torn down a few years ago.
From information compiled by Judith Colwell, Rev. Mary Tingley, and Kaye from Keswick Ridge Pastoral Charge.