Tryon-Hampton Pastoral Charge is located in Prince Edward Island. In 1968, the United Church pastoral charges of Hampton and Tryon were amalgamated to form the Tryon-Hampton Pastoral Charge of the United Church of Canada. The congregation at Crapaud began to worship at Tryon and the DeSable and Appin Road congregations joined in services with the Hampton congregation in 1969. In 2006, the churches at Bonshaw, Victoria, and Hampton closed, and all congregations currently worship at Tryon. The new church is now called South Shore United Church.
Tryon was part of the Methodist Charlottetown circuit in 1815. In 1817, the first log chapel was built at Tryon on land owned (and transferred to the Church in 1819) by John Lord. The second church was built on the same site as the present church in 1839. A new church designed by William Critchlow Harris was built in 1881 and formally opened in October 1882. This church would later become Tyron United Church after the formation of The United Church in Canada.