Programme for dedication services, June 7, 1965

Programme for dedication services, June 7, 1965

Spring Park United Church is located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The village of Spring Park became part of the city of Charlottetown in 1958. In the summer of 1959, a survey was conducted by Trinity United Church to determine the area in the Charlottetown district which would most benefit from the erection of a separate church building. It was found that there was a high number of United Church members in Spring Park who were interested in a church being built in that area.

Advertisement for Church bazaar, n.d.

Advertisement for Church bazaar, n.d.

On December 6, 1959, a project to organize a Christian Education Centre in Spring Park was officially launched. On this same day, Spring Park Sunday School was started and the next week saw the organization of youth groups such as the CGIT. A bungalow at 137 Upper Queen Street was used for services. In 1960, a committee was formed to find larger facilities for the growing church. It was decided to erect a temporary building. The inaugural service of Spring Park as a preaching point of Trinity United was held on November 29, 1960.

Building Committee minutes, June 13, 1963

Building Committee minutes, June 13, 1963

Spring Park became a separate pastoral charge from Trinity United Church on June 30, 1964. A new church building was dedicated on June 7, 1965.

For a listing of the Spring Park records held at the Maritime Conference Archives, click on the following link:

Spring Park records listing