This page is updated regularly with information and links relating to refugee sponsorship and advocacy.
First Steps When Considering Sponsorship
- Two Page Overview – for those exploring refugee sponsorship
- Detailed Information Resource on Refugee Sponsorship (ISANS – prepared by the Immigration Services Association of Nova Scotia). Specific to Nova Scotia but useful in all three Maritime provinces.
- Slideshow – introduction to Refugee Sponsorship prepared by ISANS
- Registration Form – If your group will be using the United Church of Canada as its Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) sign up to receive regular information updates. Click here to register online or for a printable form click here: Registration Form – Sponsorship Group Marconf.pdf.
- Healthcare for Privately Sponsored Refugees – Interim Federal Health (IFH) benefits applies to all provinces: Info Page – Healthcare for Privately sponsored refugees
- Advocacy for Syrian Refugees – Sample letters to politicians urging them to support Syrian Refugees:
Sample letter to the Immigration Minister
Sample letter to the Prime Minister
Sample letter to local MP
- When you have reached your fundraising goal click here to notify us: Group Readiness Notification Form.
- Syrian Refugee Support Fund: Application | Canadian Council for Refugees http://ccrweb.ca/en/syrian-refugee-support-fund-application
- The Refugee Sponsorship Application Forms – Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP): http://www.rstp.ca/en/processing/the-refugee-sponsorship-application-forms/
- Estimate cost of BVOR sponsorship
- The Process for BVOR Refugee Sponsorship
- Settlement preparation
- First year and beyond
- EN Syrian Population Profile; FR Syrian Population Profile
- Important information for sponsors regarding Syrian PSR arrivals – Dec 4, 2015
- CODE OF ETHICS – Final
- ‘A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination’ in Arabic; Vaccination Guide English