The announcements for this week include:
- Important M& S Information for Treasurers
- Lent is Coming: Resources from the Prayer Bench
- Director of Vocations & Recruitment to fill key role at AST
- Chosen? Book, Webinar, Study Guide
- “Heartprints” – Men’s Biennial Gathering – April 23, 2016
1. Important M& S Information for Treasurers
I am contacting you today about Mission & Service. I want to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU!!
Thank you for contributing to M&S this past year. And thank you for promoting the work and ministry that M&S dollars enable.
Together we are making a huge difference – in Maritime Conference, throughout Canada, and around the world.
We have but one important job remaining for 2015 Mission and Service – getting our M&S dollars in to the General Council Office.
The deadline to get 2015 money in is January 29th. Can you please pass this message on to your M&S Treasurer.
If I can be of any help, or if your treasurer has any questions, please contact me. E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (709) 489-5101.
Here is some information about sending your M&S gifts to National:
- By mail – gifts should be in the mail by January 15, now or as soon as possible, to allow two weeks delivery. Mail to: The United Church of Canada, 300-3250 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M8X 2Y4, to the attention of Nicole Chicote, email@example.com; 1800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 ext 3072.
- By bank transfer – bring cheques to any RBC Royal Bank Branch for deposit to the United Church of Canada account, specifically: RBC, 2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1A8. Bank #: 003; Transit #: 06702, Account 3: 000-038-0, Swift #: ROYCCAT2. Please write your Mission & Service number on the deposit slip and inform Nicole Chicote of your transfer and its designation for tracking purposes (1800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 ext 3072, firstname.lastname@example.org )
- By pre-authorized remittance (PAR): to set up a PAR account call Cathy Guo at 1800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 ext 3050 or email@example.com. If you are already on PAR please contact Cathy to authorize a transfer from your church account through PAR.
Again, thank you for your support and help!
Stewardship & Gifts Officer, Atlantic Canada
United Church of Canada
Plan your congregational giving program for Lent 2016
2. Lent is Coming: Resources from the Prayer Bench
- Lent Calendar – 40 Gestures Supporting Mindfulness & Presence. From the Prayer Bench. http://prayerbench.ca/40-gestures-supporting-mindfulness-presence/
- Lent Small Group Study: The Trinity & Everyday Spirituality with Dr. Rob Fennell. Listen to a sample of Dr. Fennell’s Trinity talks. http://prayerbench.ca/sample-the-trinity-and-everyday-spirituality/ and answers to your questions about Prayer Bench Small Group Studies. http://prayerbench.ca/frequently-asked-questions-about-small-group-studies/ I deeply respect Rob for the way he makes theology accessible.
- Time is running out on the Yearly Subscription for the three Personal E-mail Retreats. Save time and money by ordering all three. Here is more information: http://prayerbench.ca/product/personal-e-mail-retreats-yearly-subscription-2016/ Ends Jan. 30th.
- Just want the Lent Personal Email Retreat? “I am” – Explore ordinary metaphors that help us name the blessings in our lives. http://prayerbench.ca/product/lent-personal-e-mail-retreat-i-am/
3. Director of Vocations & Recruitment to fill key role at AST
Message from AST President, the Rev. Neale Bennet:
In keeping with the priority we are putting on attracting new students and growing enrollment, I am pleased to announce that we are creating the new position of Director of Vocations & Recruitment. This new role is made possible by the re-allocation of budget from the re-structuring of the President’s Office. It will be a three-year contract position. Read more….Director of Vocations & Recruitment to fill key role at AST
4. Chosen? Book, Webinar, Study Guide
View the new webinar video with Dr. Walter Brueggemann about his new book, Chosen?: Reading the Bible Amid the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. The book is an excellent short read and contains a four-session study guide, ideal for Lenten study.
5. “Heartprints” … Men’s Biennial Gathering – April 23, 2016
The United Church Men of Maritime Conference will host the regular biennial men’s event at Trinity-St. Stephen’s United Church in Amherst, Nova Scotia on the weekend of April 23, 2016. Given the high degree of interest in welcoming refugees to Canada from Syria and other African countries, our UC Men’s theme for 2016 is “Heartprints” and in the spirit of Maritime Hospitality is open to men of all denominations.
Keynotes speaker this year will be the Reverend Major Charles Deogratias from the Canadian Forces who is currently stationed at CFB Gagetown in NB. Attached is a backgrounder in PDF format called Heartprints. You can view his 2010 Interview with 100 Huntley Street on You Tube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFPPq8nUouY