The announcements for this week include:
- Remit Resource Materials
- More Than Friends Marriage Preparation Launch
- Two ADVENT Programs from The Prayer Bench
1. Remit Resource Materials
In your consideration of the Remits now in circulation, please check regularly with the General Council Remits website for updated educational materials: http://gc42.ca/remits. New materials have been added in the past week. In addition:
- The professional association of Diaconal Ministers in The United Church of Canada (DUCC) has prepared materials on the history, background, and identity of the diaconal ministry for the purpose of contributing to the conversations pastoral charges and presbyteries/synods/districts are having or soon will be starting on Remit #6 – One Order of Ministry. DUCC is not recommending a vote in favour or against the remit, but sees this as a unique opportunity to engage the church in a wider conversation about ministry. These materials can be found on their website at http://ducc.ca/.
- Touchstone Theological Journal has solicited a series of submissions from a wide cross-section of our church to comment on Remit 6. Their writing can be found on the Touchstone website: http://touchstonecanada.ca/
2. More Than Friends Marriage Preparation Launch
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 2pm at First United Church, Truro.
We’ll have conversation on what the latest research shows about Marriage Preparation.
We’ll preview one of the five videos in the series.
We’ll have conversation about different models for easy use of More Than Friends.
And there is cake!
The first 10 people who order the Leader Resource will receive a free USB drive containing the videos.
3. Two ADVENT Programs from The Prayer Bench.
Advent Small Group Study based on the Isaiah readings. Low-Tech! You get a Leader page with everything you need to lead a one hour study with your group, a Participant page with “Entry Points” for discussion, and supplemental resources if you chose to use them. The Isaiah Poems can also be used by worship leaders looking for information for a Advent preaching series. Read more
The Advent personal Email Retreat is called Advent Exclamations. Four stories. Four exclamation marks. Four opportunities to create a small space in the busyness of Advent. You take whatever time you have. You give whatever attention you are able. If you can receive email, you have all you need to get these four retreats. Here are your Advent Exclamations. These Ancestors! That Time! That Place! This Moment! Read more: https://prayerbench.ca/product/advent-exclamations-email-retreat/