The announcements for this week include:
- January Hours for Archives and AVEL Office
- Mission and Service – Final Transfers for 2016
- Canada Wide Grants Available! Don’t Miss Out! Apply Now!
- A Day Away for a Mardi-Gras of Moments
- Prayer Bench Yearly Subscriptions
- Ways More Than Friends can work for you and your wedding couples
- Breaking the Silence Network Fundraising Concert
- Clinical Pastoral Education Program
Sympathy is extended to the Rev. Eric Lynk on the death of his mother, Christine Lynk of Glace Bay who passed on January 17, and on the death of his mother-in-law, Pamela Collins, of Halifax who passed on January 13th. Arrangements for both of them will be announced at a later time.
2. January Hours for Archives and AVEL Office
The Archives and AVEL office will be closed from January 16 to January 24th inclusive. In the meantime you can send Sarah an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 506 536 1334 ext 7.
3. Mission and Service – Final Transfers for 2016
I am contacting you today about Mission & Service. I want to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU!!
Thank you for contributing to M&S this past year. And thank you for promoting the work and ministry that M&S dollars enable.
Together we are making a huge difference – in Maritime Conference, throughout Canada, and around the world.
We have but one important job remaining for 2016 Mission and Service – getting our M&S dollars in to the General Council Office.
The deadline to get 2016 money in is Friday, January 27th. Can you please pass this message on to your M&S Treasurer.
If I can be of any help, or if your treasurer has any questions, please contact me.
Here is some information about sending your M&S gifts to National:
- By mail – gifts should be in the mail by now, or as soon as possible, to allow time for delivery. Mail to: The United Church of Canada, 300-3250 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M8X 2Y4, to the attention of Nicole Chicote, email@example.com; 1800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 (ext 3072).
- By bank transfer – bring cheques to any RBC Royal Bank Branch for deposit to the United Church of Canada account, specifically: RBC, 2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1A8. Bank #: 003; Transit #: 06702, Account 3: 000-038-0, Swift #: ROYCCAT2. Please write your Mission & Service number on the deposit slip and inform Nicole Chicote of your transfer and its designation for tracking purposes (1800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 ext 3072, firstname.lastname@example.org )
- By pre-authorized remittance (PAR): to set up a PAR account call Cathy Guo at 1 800 268 3781 or 416 231 7680 ext 3050 or email@example.com. If you are already on PAR please contact Cathy to authorize a transfer from your church account through PAR.
Again, thank you for your support and help!
Stewardship & Gifts Officer, Atlantic Canada
4. Canada Wide Grants Available! Don’t Miss Out! Apply Now!
The spring 2017 Seeds of Hope granting cycle is now open and accepting applications! Applications are due by 8pm EST on April 15th, 2017. Submission by email is preferred.
Seeds of Hope grants will be available Canada-wide for all projects types!
5. A Day Away for a Mardi-Gras of Moments
If you are Ministry Personnel…
If you are a Godly Play Practitioner…
If you are simply curious…
Join us for a day of Freedom for the Soul,
Play for the Mind,
and a Feast for the Body
as we anticipate Lent.
Saturday February 4, 2017, 10am – 3pm
(storm date February 11, 2017)
Maritime Conference Centre
Cost: $25. Lunch included.
Supported by Godly Play Maritimes and Maritime Conference Christian Life & Growth.
More details on our website: www.godlyplaymaritimes.com
Register: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29th.
6. Prayer Bench Yearly Subscriptions
A Yearly Subscription is convenient and you save money, The Prayer Bench is offering two Yearly Subscription packages for 2017, but only until January 31.
Check out the packages here: https://prayerbench.ca/2017-yearly-subscriptions/
7. Ways More Than Friends can work for you and your wedding couples
Do you have weddings planned for the summer?
Consider getting a More Than Friends Marriage Preparation Leader package included in your 2017 budget. It’s a one-time purchase.
You don’t do many weddings?
Consider including the cost of a Couple Package in your “fees” so couples can view the videos and work through the worksheets on their own.
Or you might want to offer a More Than Friends Couple package as a gift from the congregation.
Contact us through the More than Friends website for more information: https://morethanfriends.live/contact/
8. Breaking the Silence Network Fundraising Concert
St. Luke’s United Church, Upper Tantallon, NS
Sunday, January 29th, 4:00 pm
The You Gotta Sing! Chorus is holding a benefit concert for the Maritimes-Guatemala Breaking the Silence Network, a long-term partner of the Maritime Conference Church in Action Committee, Sunday, January 29th, 4pm at St. Luke’s United Church, 5374 St. Margaret’s Bay Rd.
Support BTS’s work by coming out to this benefit concert featuring the You Gotta Sing! Chorus. Enjoy joyful, uplifting music by Paul Simon, Coco Love Alcorn, David Brunner, and much more! YGS will accept a freewill offering at the door, with 100% of net concert proceeds to be donated to BTS. At the intermission, BTS will also be selling crafts from a women’s cooperative in Guatemala, Just Gold honey, Breaking the Silence coffee and Guatemalan paintings!
9. Clinical Pastoral Education Program –
Health PEI and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Students taking this 11 week intensive basic unit in CPE at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital will find a rich, supportive learning environment where students can explore and engage in a diverse theological and value-based education. In this program, learning is designed to be transferrable to various contexts: clinical practice for healthcare professionals, to current or future work in a church community/parish ministry, and preparation for certification as a Specialist by the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care. Because this CPE unit is endorsed by Acadia University, and the Atlantic School of Theology, and St. Paul University students have the opportunity to obtain a university credit. (Contact Acadia Divinity School, the Atlantic School of Theology, or St. Paul University for more details).
The 400 hours of class and practicum will occur five days a week for 11 weeks over the spring and summer (May 1-July 14, 2017) and will include a two day pre-course retreat.
To apply for the fall program, applications must be submitted No later than February 2, 2017.
Interviews for the program will begin the week of March 06, 2017
A pre-unit two day retreat May 1 and 2, 2017
The start date for classes begins May 1, 2017
Contact Kim Bustard