Join us in celebrating National Aboriginal Day!
The announcements for this week include:
- National Aboriginal Day – June 21st
- LLWL Learning Unit 4: Creation – Let All Creation Sing!
- Interested in attending Rendez-Vous 2017?
- Summer Soul – A Collection of Resources
- Camp Wegesegum Annual Meeting
- Fall Youth Forum Event – September 29 – October 1, 2017
- Ready to take your french language skills to the next level?
- Contemplative Pathways – New Program – Apply Now!
1. National Aboriginal Day – June 21st
Maggie McLeod, Executive Minister for Aboriginal Ministries and Indigenous Justice, offers her thoughts on National Aboriginal Day, which is on June 21: click here for the email and blog post.
2. LLWL Learning Unit 4: Creation – Let All Creation Sing!
This Learning Unit is open to all who are currently serving as and all who are training to be Licensed Lay Worship Leaders. This Unit will focus on the liturgical season of Creation and on music for worship. For more details click here.
3. Interested in attending Rendez-Vous 2017?
Register at http://www.uccrendezvous.ca/
Join the bus travelling from the Maritimes! Sign up today to reserve your seat https://ucceast.ca/48177-maritime-conference-bus-rendez-vous-2017/
4. Summer Soul – A Collection of Resources
This 30 page collection is delivered to you when you register and payment is received. You can print it and put it to use. Take it to the cottage. Find resources for leading summer worship. Make a day long retreat. Activities to do with your children or grandchildren. Here is what’s in this collection.
- All Ages Activities (Beach Mandalas, Alphabet Walking Prayers, Prayer Flags)
- Two Meditations to use for personal reflection or summer worship
- A complete worship service and other worship pieces
- A Sunset-to-Sunset Retreat
- Directions for making and using a beach or backyard labyrinth
- Photography as Spiritual Practice
- Summer Recipes & Lawnchair Book Recommendations
- A colouring page
- A webpage with additional resources.
A new resource from the Prayer Bench. Learn more or order it here: https://prayerbench.ca/product/summer-soul/
5. Camp Wegesegum Annual Meeting
Saturday, July 8, 2017, 1:00 pm
Lodge, Camp Wegesegum
6. Fall Youth Forum Event – September 29 – October 1, 2017
The fall Youth Forum event will be held September 29 to October 1 at the Debert Hospitality Center in Debert, NS. We are in need of some additional facilitators.
If you are at least 21 years old and have a passion for youth ministry in the United Church of Canada, this is a great opportunity.
Applications can be made through: https://goo.gl/forms/x64gDsVF9aepEsxF3
The deadline for application is June 30, 2017.
If you have any questions about the role of facilitator at Youth Forum, contact Jodi Vacheresse at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Ready to take your french language skills to the next level?
Ready to take your french language skills to the next level?
Looking for a safe environment to try your skills?
Searching for ideas and support to introduce french into your ministry?
We need to hear from you before the end of June!
In cooperation with General Council Ministries in French, Maritime Conference is looking to offer a week-long immersion course to assist in developing french language capability as well as to work on strategies for introducing ministry in french into your local context. More details will be posted as planning develops.
Instruction will be offered by Angelika Piché, Director of French Leadership Development at United Theological College, Montreal, and by Carole Bourgault, a French language teacher and tutor from Moncton.
There are two possible dates for this course: October 30 to November 3, 2017 or November 6 to 10, 2017.
We expect to be able to keep the participant cost for the program under $300 (includes daily lunch). Local accommodations, other meals and travel are not included in this price. Bursary assistance will be available from both Conference and General Council.
To help with the planning, it is important that you respond before the end of June. Please contact Executive Secretary David Hewitt at email@example.com or 506-536-1334 to express your interest in this program, and to indicate your preferred date choice(s).
8. Contemplative Pathways – New Program – Apply Now!
Personal Spiritual Deepening: Noticing the Sacred in Everyday Living is a yearlong program with 5 weekend residencies, September 2017 – June 2018:
- Awakening to the Spiritual Journey
- Contemplative Practices for Everyday Living
- Practicing Retreat and Holding Silence
- Discerning Spirit
- Contemplative Leading in the World
2 spaces still available. New Application Deadline: June 26, 2017.
Direct all inquiries to: Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit https://contemplativepathways.com/programs/
Note: This program is the pre-requisite for our Spiritual Direction program.
Contemplative Pathways (formerly Atlantic Jubilee Program) in partnership with Tatamagouche Centre www.tatacentre.ca