The conference announcements will be sporadic over the summer due to staff vacation. Enjoy this wonderful sunshine!
The announcements for this week include:
- Growing our Faith Through Generosity (August)
- Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons
- Latest Job and Volunteer Opportunities from The United Church
1. Growing our Faith Through Generosity (August)
Warm Greetings!! I hope and trust you are having a good summer! (Hope so!!)
Here is some Stewardship information I thought you might find helpful … maybe even inspiring! (All blue text are links you can click on to get more information.)
- Maritime Conference update on Mission & Service Giving (as of July 30th) – see how your pastoral charge is doing.
- Did you know that so far we have given nearly $700,000 to the United Church Extreme Hunger Appeal? All gifts given through the Church by June 30th will be matched by the Canadian Government! For more information, or to donate online, click here
- Fall 2017 Seeds of Hope granting cycle is now open – find application and details on granting here
- The summer is a great time for reading. Let me offer 2 book recommendations: (remember ‘Not every reader is a leader but every leader is a reader’ David Gergen)
- On Holy Ground – by Ross Bartlett, UC minister at Knox United in Sackville, NS and Adjunct Professor at the Atlantic School of Theology. On Holy Ground is a workbook for pilgrims and explorers on the road of faith who wish to understand their own story and how to share it with others.
- Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity, by Adam Hamilton. This is a small book which explores the power that money has in our lives and encourages us to live more simply and generously to find real contentment and meaning, and to grow in our faith.
- An article on the ways your church might be failing in their asking for money and how to do it right
- Mark your calendar – Sept 19th there will be a free webinar – Ministers Talking About Mission and Service. This will be led by Richard Bott and Greg Glatz. For more information, and to register, click on the link!
- Finally, a reminder about the Fall Learning Event – The Art of Stewardship: Generosity, Giving and Gratitude – happening in Gander, NL on October 13-15th.
Best wishes for a wonderful August!!
2. Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons
Register by September 10th, 2017
New Dates Fall 2017! Godly Play Core Training
for Storytellers & Doorpersons
September 22-24, 2017 at Sackville United Church, NB
There are a lot of things you can learn from a book or a lecture, but Godly Play is best learned from the inside out.
At a Godly Play Core Training participants:
· experience and learn about the different kinds of Godly Play stories;
· tell a story by heart and receive supportive feedback;
· learn the fundamentals of setting up your own Godly Play space and program.
Training includes three modules, each with a key plenary session and stories from one of the Godly Play genres:
Module A: Friday 10am-6pm – Sacred Stories & Creating Sacred Environments
Module B: Saturday 9am – 5pm – Parables & the Spirituality of the Child
Module C: Sunday 9am – 5pm – Liturgical Action Stories & the Community of Children
Modules may be attended in any order, over time and location. Certificate of Accreditation is awarded upon completion of all three required modules.
Visit: godlyplaymaritimes.com to register and for more information.
3. Latest Job and Volunteer Opportunities from The United Church
Boundaries Commission (7-9 vacancies)
Position Type: Committee Vacancies
Opening/Closing Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 to Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, October 2, 2017
The Boundaries Commission has the authority to determine the number and boundaries of the future regions of The United Church of Canada that would form part of the three-council model. We are seeking well-respected church leaders with relevant expertise and exceptional listening and analysis skills to make these determinations.