The announcements for this week include:
- Commissioners (CAM Announcement #6)
- Public Performance Video Licensing for Pastoral Charges
- Invitation to Table Group Facilitators, #TrueStory: 93rd Annual Meeting of Maritime Conference
- Register Now For Intermediates and Youth Forum!
- ASPIRE Foundation Program: Facilitation, Design and Leadership 2018
- PAUSE TO LISTEN: A Spiritual Retreat For Environmentalists
- Host “Children’s Adventure Camp” with the GO Project in your community this summer!
- AST Gala Dinner 2018 – Tickets on sale now!
- Berwick United Church Camp Announces 2018 Summer Camp Leadership
- MCAA – Maritime Church Administrators Association Weekend Cancelled
1. Commissioners (CAM announcement #6)
38 Commissioners to General Council will be elected as follows:
- Remaining nominees from Presbyteries/Synod for a total of 28
- The President-designate (Catherine MacDonald)
- The Youth Forum pilgrim
- Three (3) other persons under the age of 30
- Five (5) remaining Commissioners with a balance of lay persons and ministry personnel.
Nominees for Commissioner should fill in the nomination form before March 30th: https://ucceast.ca/ac2018-93rd-annual-meeting/es15-nomination-biographical-sheet/
- Please note, nominees for Moderator need to be a Commissioner in order to run.
Commissioner Orientation will be held on Sunday, May 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Conference Office. Anyone who already knows that they are, or thinks that they may become, a Commissioner should plan to attend this gathering. Alternates are included in this invitation.
2. Public Performance Video Licensing for Pastoral Charges
EDGE is pleased to offer you the opportunity to obtain a Public Performance Video License at great cost savings for your church! If you were to go directly it would cost you a minimum of $300 to secure a license. But with the group savings, the average church only needs to spend $75 – $150.
We have negotiated a video licensing agreement with Criterion Pictures and Audio Cine Films (ACF) Inc. who represent most of the major distributors including Paramount, Universal, Alliance Atlantis, New Line Cinema, Miramax, Disney, Veggie Tales and many, many more!
All applications are to be received at the General Council office by Friday, March 23rd, 2018. If you are running late in submitting your application, please contact Alexandra by email at email@example.com.
3. Invitation to Table Group Facilitators –
#TrueStory: 93rd Annual Meeting of Maritime Conference
I’m writing to the members of Maritime Conference with an invitation on behalf of the Annual Meeting 2018 Planning Committee.
To say that The United Church of Canada and the Maritime Conference are moving through days of change and challenge is an understatement. The 93rd Annual Meeting of Maritime Conference will quite possibly be our last meeting in our current shape and structure. Although detailed information related to our future is unavailable at this time, the Annual Meeting Planning Committee is working to create an agenda that allows significant time for discussion, reflection and discernment. Most importantly, we will take time to celebrate the story of Maritime Conference as we have been and as we may become: #TrueStory.
If you are willing to volunteer or if you’d like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Robyn Brown-Hewitt at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30th.
4. Register Now For Intermediates and Youth Forum!
Register now for Intermediates at Conference at https://ucceast.ca/49009-intermediates-conference-registration-2018/
Register now for Youth Forum at https://ucceast.ca/49007-youth-forum-registration-2018/
Deadline for registrations is April 27th, 2018.
5. ASPIRE Foundation Program: Facilitation, Design and Leadership 2018
Gain skills, clarify leadership styles and deepen insights into group work – whether you organize meetings or workshops, or design complex projects or programs.
ASPIRE is the foundational program at the heart of the Tatamagouche Centre!
Deadline to register for the program is March 23rd.
For more information click here: https://www.tatacentre.ca/index.php/programs/details/2510
United Church friends, take up this chance to connect with nature, join with others who share your passion, or simply rejuvenate and refresh. The Environment Network of the Anglican Diocese of NS and PEI is hosting a spiritual weekend of reflection in nature and fellowship at Tatamagouche Centre. There will be time for nature walks, canoeing, quiet reflection, a water ceremony and prayer, worship and more. Come enjoy the beautiful trails, labyrinth, gardens, and the views of scenic Tatamagouche Bay and French River.
Registration fee $50. This includes 2 nights accommodation double occupancy (option for single room for a fee), all meals, breaks, activities. This event is sponsored by the Diocese Environmental Network and the Environmental Working Group of Maritime Conference. Donations towards expenses will be welcomed.
Book now: limited spots available! http://www.nspeidiocese.ca/page/home.aspx#.WoxTw4PwbIU
7. Host “Children’s Adventure Camp” with the GO Project in your community this summer!
Those who have hosted the GO Project’s “Children’s Adventure Camp” are asking for it again. There are still a couple of spaces for congregations wanting to apply to host of this great alternative to Vacation Bible School this summer. The program and the staff come to you! Want to know more? http://www.thegoproject.ca/about-childrens-adventure-camps/
Once again 2018 Christian Life and Growth Committee of Maritime Conference is offering financial assistance up to $500 for congregations hosting “Children’s Adventure Camp” . A maximum of 6 sites will be approved for funding in 2018. Please complete the following online submission.
8. AST Gala Dinner 2018 – Tickets on Sale Now!
A Fundraiser for the Atlantic School of Theology
The Lord Nelson Hotel
1515 South Park Street
Friday, May 4
Reception 6 pm / Dinner 7 pm
Tickets $150 per person ($1,500 per table of 10)
Reserve your spot before Friday, April 20.
Visit our website today: http://www.astheology.ns.ca/home/events-calendar/gala-2018.html
9. Berwick United Church Camp Announces 2018 Summer Camp Leadership
The Board of Directors of the Berwick United Church Camp are pleased to inform you that the Minister in Residence for our 2018 summer encampment will be The Reverend Gary Patterson, the former Moderator of the United Church of Canada (2012-2015). Also, the leader for Theology Today will be Paul Hutchinson, the well known Northern Ireland mediation specialist. The music leadership will be once again by Chris Bowman and Lloyd MacLean.
For more information click here.
10. MCAA – Maritime Church Administrators Association
April 27, 28, and 29, 2018 – Weekend Cancelled
The Annual Conference /Retreat and Anniversary Weekend has been cancelled. We regret this decision, but will be meeting to discuss how we move forward. If you have questions, please contact Tracy Boutilier at Firstunitedtruro@ns.aliantzinc.ca