Rosedale is located about 10 km north of Jacksonville in Carleton County, New Brunswick.
It became part of the Jacksonville Methodist Circuit in 1877/1878. In January 1889, a group of interested people met in the home of John Cowan to discuss building a Methodist church in Rosedale. It was resolved that the group proceed to build at once and sure enough, a church building was dedicated on January 11, 1891.
The Wesleyan (January 22, 1891, Vol. XLL, No. 4) reported on the day of the dedication:
“The Carleton Sentinal contains a very full account of the opening of a new Methodist Church at Rosedale on the Jacksonville N.B. circuit. It was dedicated on Sunday the 11th inst. The Rev. Chas Comben is pastor. The day was delightfully fine and large congregations gathered from the surrounding country to the several services. After the dedicatory services had been solemnized according to the Methodist ritual, the Chairman of the Fredericton district, Rev. Douglas Chapman preached an appropriate and beautiful sermon from Matt. 4-4: “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” In the afternoon the Rev. Wm. Dobson, of Woodstock, preached in his usual and logical impressive style from John, chapter 17th, verse 4th: “And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” In the evening Rev. J.C. Berrie occupied the pulpit and preached from Titus, chap. 2nd, verses 11, 14. “The grace of God that bringeth salvation, etc.” Collections and contributions for the day amounted to nearly $130.00. Hymnbook and Bible were presented by Mrs. Trewin.”
The church at Rosedale was later sold to the Primitive Baptists, in the early 1900s, due to a shrinking congregation.