NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS AND REGION 15
Please send any announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
The announcements for this week include:
- Condolences – Rev. Jeanie Lee Oulton (Vautour)
- Contact numbers for Regional Staff
- Region 15 Governance Handbook
- Atlantic School of Theology Graduation Projects
- General Council Nominations (deadline March 4)
- Resources from Prayer Bench
- Nominations Committees Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters
1. Condolences – Rev. Jeanie Lee Oulton (Vautour)
To read the obituary please click here
2. Contact numbers for Regional Staff
Reminder of the new telephone numbers now in use:
3. Region 15 Governance Handbook
The Region 15 Governance Handbook is posted on the Region 15 page on the Maritime Conference website. The Region 15 page is found under the “About Us” section. NOW there is also a RECORDED TRAINING SESSION available to help you to become familiar with this document. Like the Handbook, the recording is found on the Region 15 page on the Maritime Conference website. https://marconf.ca/region-15/
4. You are invited to attend the Atlantic School of Theology – Grad Project Presentations
Click here to view more information on the Graduation projects for the Atlantic School of Theology.
5. General Council Nominations (deadline March 4)
The General Council Nominations Committee has launched a call for nominations for several key vacancies in the Office of Vocation. People across the church are invited to express their interest, or nominate others who have the gifts to serve well in these leadership roles. These are great ways to serve, connect and deepen your faith.
As you consider people to encourage, remember our commitment to becoming an intercultural church, and give particular thought to those who would help diversify the church’s leadership.
See www.united-church.ca/opportunities for the full details on each and how to nominate someone or express your own interest.
6. Lent is coming soon. Resources from the Prayer Bench
Email Retreat Series 2019: Lent on a Plate
This is a six week email retreat series that you receive by email and you read through it on your own time in your own home. Table-sharing is more than feeding. It is a way of becoming nourishment and love for one another. Jesus brings a feast of Presence to his picnics, potlucks, dinner parties, breakfasts and snacks. We’ll explore these stories and discover themes that will guide and support our journey through Lent.
The meals we set upon our kitchen table become the focus, not just of our nourishment, but of our spiritual practices and prayer.
This is what’s great about Lent on a Plate – every time we eat and drink we are reminded of God’s Presence and give attention to this ordinary sacrament.
For more information, see https://prayerbench.ca/product/lent-email-retreat-series-2019/
Interfaith: Being Love in the World
A Five Week Small Group Study (with an option for a sixth week) exploring common threads among our world’s wisdom traditions.
What you receive with this study:
- Leader’s Guide (includes the process for each session: Gathering, Opening, Check-in, Discussion questions, and a Group Spiritual Practice.)
- Five easily downloadable Audio Recordings with a teaching for each session.
- Five Scripts of the Audio Recordings to download and photocopy
- Downloadable image and customizable poster for the series.
This small group study is offered by Kathy Roy, an Interfaith minister, (https://www.kathyroy.com/) with process by Janice MacLean.
For more information see https://prayerbench.ca/product/interfaith-being-love-in-the-world/
7. Nominations Committee Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters
The Nominations Committee for Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Region is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the following committees:
Financial & Mission Services
Faith & Education Formation
Mission, Justice & Outreach
Archives and Records
If you would like more information or if you feel called to serve, please contact :
Rev. Rose~Hannah Gaskin – Chair
Wilmot United Church