The Coughlan College Trust Fund Scholarship is administered by the First Dawn Eastern Edge Regional Council Board of Trusts Team.
To further and support the education and nurturing of members of The United Church of Canada in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The establishment of this scholarship is for awarding of grants to students who are enrolled in a degree program or a three-year diploma program at a post-secondary institution. Policy and further details are included in the application.
- Scholarships are open to United Church students who are enrolled in a degree program or a three-year diploma program at a post-secondary institution.
- The scholarships are awarded annually by the Board of Trusts of The United Church of Canada in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Consideration will be given to financial need, church involvement and community involvement.
- Minister’s Evaluation: Please discuss your application with your Minister and ensure they have the link to the Minister’s Evaluation Form for submission. If you do not have a relationship with your new minister, please take the opportunity to connect with them to get to know each other. If your church does not have a minister or if your parent is the minister, we will accept the Board Chair completing and submitting the Minister’s Evaluation. Applications will not be considered without Minister’s Evaluation: https://ucceast.ca/73220-coughlan-college-scholarship-application-ministers-evaluation
- Application forms and information concerning these awards are available on the website (www.ucceast.ca) or from the office of First Dawn Eastern Edge Regional Council, The United Church of Canada (email@example.com).
- Confirmation of Enrollment must accompany application.
- Applications will be accepted at any time during the degree/diploma program, however priority will be given to new applicants.
- Scholarships will be awarded at a minimum of $500 per person to a maximum of $1,000 per person. Maximum disbursement from the Coughlan College Trust for Scholarships will be $8,000 per year.
- Annual deadline of October 15.
The 2023 Coughlan College Trust Fund Scholarship deadline for applications has passed. Applications will re-open late summer 2024.