NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS AND
REGIONAL COUNCIL 15
Please send announcements to email@example.com
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
To view upcoming programs at the Tatamagouche Centre please click here.
To view upcoming events at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
To view upcoming programs at the United Theological College please click here.
Condolences: John (Jack) Ingram
Our sympathy is extended to Paul Ingram and Rev. Sarah Reaburn and family. Paul’s father Jack Ingram passed away on August 8, 2020. A copy of the obituary can be viewed here: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/dartmouth-ns/john-ingram-9303155
Mission Grant Applications for 2021 Deadline Approaching
A reminder that the 2021 Mission Grant applications are due August 31. The application form is available for the 2021 Mission Grants for each Region. Please click on the below Regional application letter and click here to download the Word version of the application form.
Mark Your Calendars! Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Pre-Annual Meeting Webinars
Webinar #1 – Wednesday, September 9, 12:00PM (NOON) TO 1:00PM, Lunch and Learn
Introduction to Zoom Annual Meeting Format/2021 Budget/2019 Audited Statement
Webinar #2 – Monday, September 14, 7:00PM TO 8:30PM
Chairs of Committees Presentation of Reports and Questions/ Remit/Proposals
Webinar #3 – Thursday, September 17, 7:00PM TO 8:30PM
Vision Mission and Core Values/Affirm Statement and Education
View the memo for more information on the Zoom meetings.
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Proposals to Annual Meeting
The proposal information and template has been posted on the annual meeting page. Proposals that are time sensitive or require the action of the Region will be addressed at the AGM, others will be forwarded to the executive or held for the 2021 Annual Meeting.The deadline for submission for proposals is September 9 at noon.
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Town Hall – September 10
Topic: “Reentering – What does it look like for you”.
Time: Sep 10, 2020 01:00 PM Atlantic Time (Canada)
For both audio and video from your computer/tablet:
Join Zoom Meeting https://united-church.zoom.us/j/99971722106
Meeting ID: 999 7172 2106
Regional Council 15 Annual Meeting Record of Proceedings
The Regional Council 15 annual meeting Record of Proceedings is now available online.
Region 15 Pastoral Relations News – August 2020
1. Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Sandra Cox with Knox United Church, Lower Sackville, full time, July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
2. Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Marty Clark-Ettinger, DLM, with Upper Stewiacke Springside Pastoral Charge, full time, July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
3. Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Lori Crocker with St. Paul’s Mount Uniacke Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
4. Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Elizabeth Davies with Southampton Pastoral Charge, 12 hours/week, July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
5. Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Dana Party with Waverley Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
6. Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations from Heather Ferrier of Riverport Pastoral Charge, effective September 27, 2020.
7. Approved the Bridgewater Pastoral Charge profile materials and position description for a 50% ministry position focussed on Pastoral Care, and authorize Search to begin. Also approved that the position can be a SME position, if requested.
8. Approved the SME Appointment of Linton Worrall with Rawdon Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, August 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
9. Approved the profile materials and position description (including the possibility of SME) for a full time position from St. Mark’s United Church, Port Hawkesbury, and authorize Search to begin.
Topacio Award Recipients are…
Each year the Topacio Reynoso Pacheco Award recognizes and supports youth fighting to protect the environment and their territories through the use of art and other creative forms of resistance. The Justice, Mission, and Outreach Committees of our eastern Regions along with other partners, contribute to this award. Read about the award and this year’s recipients HERE.
Effective Transitional Leadership Workshop
The state of the world is such that very few ministries can declare that they are NOT in transition in some way. Transitional ministry is not only for officially declared Interim Ministries, it occurs in a variety of ways in numerous contexts. The Interim Ministry Network is now offering workshops in Effective Transitional Leadership for anyone, not just those involved with declared Interim Ministries. Please follow the link for more information: https://imnedu.org/imn-etl/
The United Theological College / Le Séminaire Uni
An important announcement from the Chair of the Board of Governors and Principal of the United Theological College.