NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS (FSLDW) AND
REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
Please send announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
To view upcoming programs at the Tatamagouche Centre please click here.
To view upcoming events at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
To view upcoming programs at the United Theological College please click here.
RC15 – Information Webinar for the Re-Call of the Second Regional Council 15 Annual Meeting November 3, 2020
Please read the memo for information on the November 3 webinar.
RC15 – Re-Call of the Second Regional Council 15 Annual Meeting November 5, 2020
An email was sent on October 27, 2020, to all who registered for the re-call annual meeting with the Zoom information to join. If you registered for the re-call meeting but did not receive this email please contact the Regional Council office.
The business portion of the annual meeting will take place on November 5, 2020 starting at 6:00pm (Atlantic) by zoom video conferencing (we ask that you join at 5:30pm).
Please check the Annual Meeting web page for the agenda, information webinar, proposals and other information regarding the meeting.
RC15 Pastoral Relations News – October 2020
- Approved the Appointment of Ruth Gamble, DLM with Springhill Pastoral Charge, half-time, October 1, 2020 to April 11, 2021, while Search continues.
- Approved the Appointment for Angela (Lydia) Clifton, with Bridgewater United Church, half time, November 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations for the purposes of Retirement of Vivian Moores, Petite Riviere Pastoral Charge, effective June 30, 2021.
- Approved the Provisional Appointment of Daniel MacDonald, ordinand, with Harmony Camden Pastoral Charge, 14 hours per week, November 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Appointment of Dianne Kempt, DLM, with Boularderie Pastoral Charge, 10 hours per week, October 18, 2020 to January 16, 2021, while Search continues.
- Approved the Profile materials and position description (including SME) for a half-time position at St. David’s United Church, Port Hastings, and authorize Search to begin.
- Approved that the ministry posting currently in Search as a collaborative ministry with Lower Musquodoboit Pastoral Charge and Middle Musquodoboit Pastoral Charge be eligible for Supervised Ministry Education (SME).
Children and Youth Town Hall Meeting from September 22, 2020
The town hall meeting hosted by Rev. Catherine Stuart in September provides guidelines and discussion and is now available for viewing using this link.
Hope Still Rises
You are invited to a Zoom event with Daoud Nasser, a Palestinian Christian farmer and internationally acclaimed peace activist. He is the Director of the Tent of Nations: an educational and environmentally conscious farm that seeks to build bridges between people, and between people and the land. Daoud will share the story of his family’s commitment to living a life of non-violent resistance: refusing to be enemies in the face of continuous obstacles that they, and most Palestinians, face in their search for a normal life and in spite of the ongoing Israeli military and government attempts to drive them off of their farm that has been in their family for generations. View Hope Still Rises poster We had planned for an in person event but because of the pandemic we are introducing Daoud with a zoom event Saturday November 7th at 1:00 PM Atlantic time. Register here
United in Learning – Covid Finance webinars
View this link to access the Congregational Finances During the Pandemic webinar, Wednesday October 28, 2020. 7:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 p.m. PT. This webinar will be recorded and available using the link above as some may receive this notification to late to join live. Sign up to receive notifications of future webinars
RC 15 Ministry and Personnel (M&P) Committee Training via Zoom webinar
M&P Annual Reviews – processes and resources for annual reviews of lay and ministry staff
Joint webinar with Region 15 and Shining Waters Region
Saturday, November 14, 2020 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon
For more information, please contact Regional Minister David Hewitt at email@example.com
The following documents were distributed to real estate lawyers in Nova Scotia together with a copy of the Legislation passed in Nova Scotia in 2019. Due to the changes in the governance structures of The United Church of Canada, the processes for real estate transactions involving Communities of Faith have been revised and are outlined in the Property Handbook which has been distributed and which is available on the Region 15 Website.
AST Leadership Learning Initiative Programs
Black Women in Leadership: Sharing and Shaping Our Journey – October 30 and November 6, 2020.
Leading from the Inside Out: Facilitating Change for a World in Crisis – the first in the series Questioning Toxic Assumptions: Why leadership needs to be different in the 21stcentury, is on November 10, 2020.
AST Fall 2020 Graduate Project Presentations
Upswelling: Voices to Nourish a Changing Church
November 2020 (all times in Atlantic Time) Join us to celebrate and learn about the important research that final-year AST students have been undertaking this year. You’ll be fascinated, challenged, and inspired by each presentation. View Graduate Projects List.
To join online presentations at the scheduled time use this link.
Public Performance Video Licenses for 2021
As churches start to re-open, we would like to offer the opportunity to obtain and/or renew a Public Performance Video License for 2021. Applications close November 18.