NEWS AND UPDATES FROM REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
Please send announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
Regional Council 15 (RC15) Committee Volunteer form.
Condolences: Marilyn Carter
Our sympathy is extended to the family of Rev. Marilyn Carter who passed away April 13, 2021 (RC15 / FSLDW). A copy of the notice can be viewed here.
Annual Meeting Evaluation Form
We would ask everyone who attended the Regional Council 15 annual meeting to take a few minutes to fill out the online evaluation form by June 25.
Pastoral Relations News – June 2021
- Approved the Profile materials and position description for half-time ministry at Shelburne Pastoral Charge and authorize Search to begin.
- Approved Profile materials and position description for the 70% collaborative ministry of Mahone Bay Pastoral Charge and Blue Rocks Pastoral Charge, and authorize Search to begin.
- Approved Profile materials and position description for the collaborative half-time ministry of Caledonia Pastoral Charge and Liverpool Pastoral Charge and authorize Search to begin.
- Approved the Interim Ministry Appointment of Dale Skinner with Woodlawn United Church, Dartmouth, full-time, June 1, 2021 to May 30, 2023.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Rick Gunn, Candidate, with St. Luke’s United Church, Tantallon, full-time, May 31, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of April Hart, Candidate, with the full-time collaborative ministry of Coldstream Pastoral Charge and Bible Hill Pastoral Charge, June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Bill Drysdale, DLM, with the collaborative ministry of McCully Pastoral Charge and Cumberland Pastoral Charge, 35 hours/week, July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment for Robyn Brown-Hewitt with Dalhousie Campus Ministry, 24 hours/week, May 15, 2021 to May 15, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Linton Worrell, Candidate, with Rawdon Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Ivan Norton with Cornwallis Pastoral Charge, 13.5 hours/week, September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2024.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Norma Mills, DLM, with Waterview Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Interim Ministry Appointment of Heather Wright with United Heritage Church, full time, October 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Marty Clark-Ettinger, DLM, with Upper Stewiacke-Springside Pastoral Charge, full time, July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Lori Crocker with St. Paul’s United Church, Mt. Uniacke, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the Call of Alison Etter to the full-time collaborative ministry of Chalmers/Warden Pastoral Charge and Knox United Church, Glace Bay, effective July 1, 2021.
Exploring the Narrative Lectionary Together
The Faith Formation and Leadership Development Committee of Region 15 would like to invite you to join us by Zoom on Thursday June 17th at 2 pm as we begin Exploring the Narrative Lectionary Together. If you are currently using the Narrative Lectionary, come and share resources with others who are also using it. If you are planning on using the Narrative Lectionary in the fall, now is the time to start planning. If you are simply curious about the Narrative Lectionary and want to learn more, this is your opportunity. Register for this free information session here.
For more information you can contact Sharon Lohnes at email@example.com
NS Climate Plan – NS Gov’t is interested in your input !
RC15 Ecological Justice Working Group encourage you provide your input for the NS Sustainable Development Goals Act.
You can join an interactive workshop or answer question onscreen, or send in your written ideas. Submissions are accepted until July 26. With our Region’s focus on Climate Change, we‘d love to see many church members participate in this consultation. The link is https://cleanfuture.ca/#publicworkshops
2020 Statistical Forms – General Council
A reminder that those pastoral charges yet to submit their 2020 Statistical forms should do so as soon as possible, but please try to submit to the General Council office by June 25, 2021 using the online form on ChurchHub.ca, Annual Statistics. Alternatively you can scan and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org The 2020 instruction booklet can be found here, if you have questions please contact email@example.com
United Church Bookstore
Taking orders for the following book. Deadline to order is Monday June 14, 2021. Contact Leona at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
How can you still be a Christian? Freeing Jesus, this is the most common question Diana Butler Bass is asked today. It is a question that many believers ponder as they wrestle with disappointment and disillusionment in their church and its leadership. But while many Christians have left their churches, they cannot leave their faith behind.
In Freeing Jesus, Bass challenges the idea that Jesus can only be understood in static, one-dimensional ways and asks us to instead consider a life where Jesus grows with us and helps us through life’s challenges in several capacities: as Friend, Teacher, Savior, Lord, Way, and Presence. Freeing Jesus is an invitation to leave the religious wars behind and rediscover Jesus in all his many manifestations, to experience Jesus beyond the narrow confines we have built around him. It renews our hope in faith and worship at a time when we need it most.