Cowan Heights United Church, in collaboration with the GO Project, is hiring three (3) summer positions for eight (8) weeks at 35 hours/week for Summer 2021. We are looking for one (1) site coordinator and two (2) site staff to help with the coordination, planning, oversight, and implementation of our summer programming (August 9-20, 2021). Four weeks will be spent working on projects related to the ministries of Cowan Heights United Church, and the remaining four weeks working on the GO Project.
The site coordinator duties would include: overseeing the day-to-day operations of the GO Project, supervision of site staff, providing resources to participants, engaging in social media communication, providing opportunities for participants to deepen their faith, delivering presentations and reflections, planning and leading daily worship, and working on office and ministry related projects for Cowan Heights United Church.
The site staff (2) duties would include: facilitating and participating in small groups through conversation, art, activities, and service projects; building relationships; acting as liaison between youth and coordinator; planning and leading daily worship; and working on office and property related projects for Cowan Heights United Church.
Our ideal candidates would:
- Have prior children and youth camp/group/mission experience
- Have prior experience in youth leadership
- Have a good understanding of social media communication
- Possess a knowledge of the vision of The GO Project
- Possess a knowledge of the theology of The United Church of Canada
- Be a positive, enthusiastic presence and role model to youth
- Be organized and attentive to detail
- Be comfortable offering leadership in a Christian environment
- Be able to work effectively in the midst of multiple and varied work demands
- Thrive in a collaborative, team environment
Those interested in the above positions are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and two (2) references to the Rev. Oliver Dingwell at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4, 2021. Please be sure to indicate the position for which you are applying in both your email and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date and interviews may begin before June 4, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Rev. Oliver Dingwell, B.Mus., M.Div.
Minister of Word, Sacrament, & Pastoral Care
Cowan Heights United Church
141 Frecker Drive
St. John’s, NL, A1E 4W1
(709) 745-2871 (w)
(709) 640-4632 (c)