Greetings and best wishes to you on your retirement!
Retirement is a big step in a person’s life journey. If you have made the decision to retire the first thing to do is ask your pastoral charge and your Pastoral Relations committee for a change in pastoral relations at least 90 days before your date of retirement. At that same time, you will need to speak with the United Church Benefits Centre at 1-855-647-8222 or Pension@united-church.ca.
You will be asked to confirm the following:
- Your date of birth;
- Your marital status, if you are married or have a common-law spouse, please provide name and date of birth of spouse;
- Your mailing address; and
- Proposed retirement date.
Once you are sure of your decision, if you are an Ordained, Diaconal or Designated Lay Minister, you will also need to complete Form PR443 form https://uccbenefits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/pr443-application-to-receive-pension-benefit-payments.pdf to advise the Office of Vocation. Once completed please submit the form to Pension@united-church.ca and email@example.com. Please allow 30 days from the date of request (confirmation of information above) for your retirement option package to be mailed.
If you have any questions regarding your retirement, please feel free to contact the Regional Minister:
– Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Regional Council – Kendall Harrison, KHarrision@united-church.ca
– Regional Council 15 – David Hewitt, DHewitt@united-church.ca
Once your retirement has been approved by the Region we would ask that you fill out the below form. If you have any questions please contact Jenn Whittemore, firstname.lastname@example.org.