The Holy Lands Visit Trust Fund was created many years ago by the MacPherson family of St. John’s.
- This Trust Fund is open to United Church ministers in Newfoundland and Labrador who wish to visit the Holy Lands and qualify as per below guidelines.
- It was the wish of the MacPherson family that those who were awarded the trip would use it to enhance their ministry in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Each year, the successful applicant can avail of $3,000 from this trust fund to contribute to their trip.
Guidelines for Holy Land Visit Trust Fund Selection
- Those considered for election include only those ministry personnel who have completed the required training for the stream of ministry in which they serve in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- One person selected per year.
- Application deadline is April 15 each year submitted to the Executive Minister, who will check to ensure that applicants qualify for election, and submit the names of those qualified to the Regional Council for selection.
- Retired persons and those within one year of retirement are not eligible.
- Each successful applicant will normally be expected to complete the trip within 12 months of being elected.
- Candidates will be introduced to the electing court so that members will have information on which to base their voting.
- A Minister shall not be ineligible because he/she is not in the active pastorate.