If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
Tri-Region Staff Support Committee
The participating Atlantic Regions will jointly form a Regional Staff Support Team with two elected representatives from each of the three Regions. The assigned individuals will be a supportive committee, similar to a Community of Faith’s ministry and personnel committee for all Regional staff personnel. Guidelines for this committee are found in a Memo of Understanding (MOU) document approved by the three Atlantic Regions.
– Two designated individuals from Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Region (one of the two individuals designated as the Chair, to be a reporting member to/of the Regional Council Executive)
– Liaison persons if chosen by each staff (as per MOU)
– Executive Minister – Staff Support (will also report to Regional Executive periodically on the work of the Staff Support Team).
– Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of this model, including how the cost-sharing arrangement is working
– Share experiences and insights about transitional work, including the possibility of any other shared projects
– Provide support for all staff employed by the Regions
– Work with the Executive Minister in regards to working conditions and duties
– Maintain current Memoranda of Understanding between the Regions
– Report to the Regional Executive through the Chair regarding any issue or concern identified for action.
– Awareness of the range of duties and inter-relation of staff functions
– Broad awareness of the ministry of the Region(s)\
– Listening and empathy.
Through the Regional Council and Regional Council Executive on a regular basis (as often as needed or required). The individuals on this committee will be working mainly in a joint UCC Eastern Region team arrangement following the MOU agreement and human resource policies of the United Church of Canada.