If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
Division of Ministry Resources
Mandate: To provide leadership, oversight and guidance to the activities of the Committees that support, Human and Ministry Resources in the Region.
– Chair of Pastoral Relations
– Chair of Nominations
– Chair of Licensing
– At least one Ordained, Diaconal and Designated Lay Minister must be on the Division. If not represented in the above, then absent designation is to be added to the Division membership.
– Regional Minister – Staff Support
– ensure that all committees are fulfilling their mandates
– coordinate interactions among the Committees of the Division
– make certain that the Committee handbooks and resources are up to date
– make sure that the Committees are providing appropriate training to the designated Individuals needed for each Committee’s mandate
– develop opportunities for clusters and/or networks necessary for the functioning of the Committee/Division
– an understanding of the policies and procedures of The United Church of Canada with respect to Human Resources
– people Skills and Pastoral Skills
– an understanding the intricacies of Human Resources
– organizational Skills
Accountability/Reporting: To the Regional Council and Regional Executive on a regular basis. (As often as needed or required.)
Powers: Must refer decisions to the Regional Council Executive except the following:
– any matters covered within approved budgets
– any matters referred from Divisional Committees