If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
Future Directions Committee
Provide future directions suggestions by oversight, leadership, and guidance for the Communities of Faith within the Region.
- Secretary (at the discretion of the Chair)
- 12 Designated Individuals
- Regional Minister – Staff Support
- Division Chair (Ex-Officio)
- encourage Communities of Faith in clarifying, strategizing, and acting on their current and possible new visions for ministry of the United Church of Canada in their neighborhood, community and social context
- provide guidance and assist when Community of Faith boundary changes are needed
- facilitate dialogue and analysis between/among Communities of Faith regarding closures, amalgamation and boundary changes
- offer analysis and feedback regarding possible options
- coordinate its activities in consultation with those of the other related Committees and Divisions
- ensure safety values when visiting and on the road (i.e. go in pairs if possible, have cell phone, exits, debriefs etc.)
- create working groups where needed for the functioning of the Committee/Division
- a commitment to future directions of the Region and of The United Church of Canada
- an understanding of the challenges facing Communities of Faith
- effective organizational, administrative and pastoral skills
Through Division of Ministry Resources to the Regional Council and Regional Executive on a regular basis. (As often as needed or required.)
Must refer decisions to the Division of Ministry Resources except the following:
- any matters covered within approved budgets
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.