Christian Life and Growth Committee
Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministry Unit
We are called
to listen, examine and discern a new direction
for children’s, youth and young adult ministry
in the Maritime Conference
by nurturing a sense of community and
promoting safe open space to explore spirituality and
bring energy, freshness and a sense of joy to this ministry.
- promote ways of nourishing children’s, youth and young adults’ spirituality
- support adult faith formation and develop structures for nourishing leadership
- coordinate existing resources and programmes
- encourage structures for effective communication
- encourage the promotion and development of resources that nourish and enrich children’s, youth and young adult spirituality
What is important to us?
- to hold a sense of hope with, and nurture joy among, those involved with youth and young adult ministry in the conference
- to continue to explore and unfold our sense of direction with care and attention to detail
- to nourish ourselves as a unit so we may listen to the Wisdom of Spirit within us all, recognizing none of us have it all
- to test the Statement of Direction with Presbytery Christian Life and Growth Committees, Congregation CD committees and interested individuals
What can we affirm?
- We want to honour the abundance and the resources that exist throughout this conference relating ministry with children, youth and young adults
- We need to listen, be humble and walk with gentle passion
- We affirm our Statement of Direction and a commitment to testing and unfolding it throughout the conference
What is our primary purpose now?
- To test the Statement of Direction with others
- To live the statement within the Intermediates and Children at Conference Programs
- To commit more time to process and probing and reflecting so we remain responsive to the movement of the Spirit