NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS AND
REGIONAL COUNCIL 15
Please send any announcements to email@example.com
- Condolences – John Pearce
- Condolences – Christine Lee ‘Chris’ Urquhart
- All Current Licensed Lay Worship Leaders in Region 15
- Hope United Church – Vacancy (p/t)
- St. Luke’s United Church, NS – Supply Vacancy (p/t)
- Greenfield United Church – Decommissioning
- Stewardship Updates
- Upcoming Events for Pulpit Supply & Licensed Lay Worship Leaders
- Racial Justice Workshops
- Rural Routes through the Holy
- Farm to Table / Tanya Davis Concert
- Annual Gathering of the United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel
1. Condolences – John Pearce
Our sympathy is extended to Rev. Karen, Ian, and Lorne Pearce on the death of John Charles Pearce, who passed away on June 6, 2019. A copy of the obituary can be found by clicking here.
2. Condolences – Christine Lee ‘Chris’ Urquhart
We have received the sad news that Chris Urquhart has died. Chris was a dedicated member of Truro Presbytery, as well as the UCW Presbyterial and the Conference UCW. As community we hold her family in our hearts and prayers. Deep condolences to her husband, Ron, and family. Obituary can be viewed here.
3. Current Licensed Lay Worship Leaders within Region 15
All current Licensed Lay Worship Leaders within Region 15 are asked to make themselves known to Rev. John Moses, the chair of the Licensing Committee by contacting him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do this no later than June 30.
4. Hope United Church, Halifax – CDM Vacancy
Hope United Church in Halifax, NS, is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Congregational Designated Minister (CDM) to support the church’s ministry to children, youth, young adults, and families. This position is categorized CDM level 3 in accordance with United Church of Canada guidelines. Salary range of $22,000-$25,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications plus benefits. The full job description can be viewed at www.hopeunitedchurch.ca. Applications should be made to the attention of Bob Hayter at email@example.com. Applications are being accepted until July 31, 2019.
5. St. Luke’s Upper Tantallon, NS – Vacancy
A vacancy for a 50% Part Time Supply Minister is coming up at St. Luke’s United Church in Upper Tantallon, NS – 1 Sep to 31 Dec 2019. If you are interested in the position, please contact Roger Cooke, Chair of Council at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of the job description, 2016 JNAC and Governance Manual. Candidates must confirm their interest in the position with their CV not later than Sunday, 30 Jun 2019 to Roger Cooke at the above e-mail address.
6. Greenfield United Church – Decommissioning
On June 30, 2019 the people of Greenfield United Church will mark 130 years of ministry and mission that began when Presbyterian and Methodist faithful built and shared the present building. On this date the Greenfield congregation gathers together for their final worship as they have amalgamated with Valley United to form a new congregation, Valley-Greenfield United. At the close of worship, the building will be decommissioned. All are welcome to join us at 10 am for this service; electronic greetings are also welcomed.
7. Stewardship Updates
Click here to access the latest Stewardship Newsletter.
8. Upcoming Events for Pulpit Supply & Licensed Lay Worship Leaders
For more information and to register: www.tatacentre.ca.
- LLWL Atlantic Learning Unit 4: Season of Creation. August 9-11. Click here for poster.
- A Lay Preachers’ Picnic! August 11-12. Click here for details.
- LLWL Atlantic Orientation Event: Oct.31-Nov.1. Click here for details.
- LLWL Atlantic Learning Unit 1: Advent-Epiphany. Nov.1-3. Click here for more information.
For more information on the LLWL Atlantic program contact Robyn at email@example.com
9. Racial Justice Workshops by Self-Identified Racial Groups:
Various dates in June
Click here to view more information and for a link to register for sessions.
Past webinars for United in Learning are available here.
10. Rural Routes through the Holy
Click here to view the upcoming Rural Routes through the Holy – Recognize – Replenish – Rejoice.
11. Farm to Table Meal and Tanya Davis Concert
Click here to see details of the Farm to Table Meal and Tanya Davis Concert at the Tatamagouche Centre.
12. Annual Gathering of the United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel – September 13-15, 2019 in Ottawa.
Please see the Justice and Peace poster with links to more information and to register for the annual gathering of the United Network for Justice and Peace for Palestine and Israel. There will be excellent speakers, new resources and a chance to share with United Church members and supporters working across the country for justice and peace. We meet September 13-15 in Ottawa.
For those wishing to hear Noura Erakat, dynamic Palestinian-American author and law professor speak on, “Justice for Some: Law and the Question of Palestine” sponsored by CJPME, there is an opportunity pre-event on the evening of September 12th. Please share with others you know who would appreciate this gathering and the encouragement it offers for working for a just peace. For more information in your Region, contact: Linda Scherzinger firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Wicks email@example.com