- The fund is open to all ministry personnel/lay members within Regional Council 15 during the current church year, once in a two-year period.
- Programs must be United Church sponsored or endorsed.
- The types of programs eligible for funding are those that develop:
a) theological understanding;
b) leadership skills/ability;
c) personal faith/spirituality; or
d) sense of ministry and/or mission.
- The fund will assist with travel costs including accommodation and meals, registration for educational courses or conferences, materials for a course or conference but will not pay any salary for time spent on education programs.
- The fund will pay up to one third of the cost of an education event, to a limit of $1,000.
- Recommendations for staff access to the Ministry Personnel/Lay Continuing Education Fund must have the support of the Regional Minister and/or the Executive Minister.