NEWS AND UPDATES FROM REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
It’s Your Call – Podcast
Regional Council 15 (RC15) Committee Volunteer form.
Covenanting Service between Jamie McLellan, Parrsborough Shore Pastoral Charge and Regional Council 15
A covenanting service will be held 3PM Sunday September 25 at Grace United Church, Port Greville, to celebrate the appointment of Jamie McLellan to serve the Parrsborough Shore Pastoral Charge. Our guest preacher will be the Rev. Ivan Gregan. We invite our neighbours to join us for this special service and a potluck supper that will follow.
Job Posting: Communications and Administrative Support (Part-time)-FSLDW/Regional Council 15
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters and Regional Council 15 is seeking an individual to fill the role of Communications and Administrative Support on a permanent part-time basis, 21 hours per week. Please click here for the full job posting.
Vacancy – Ordained Minister, Trinity-Clifton United Church, Charlottetown (PE)
Trinity-Clifton United Church, Charlottetown, PE is looking for a full-time Ordained Minister. Qualified candidates can view the Trinity Profile with Position Description on ChurchHub.
RC15 Pastoral Relations News — September 2022
- CORRECTION: Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Stephen Mills, retired, with St. Andrews’s St. Matthew’s Wesley United Church, North Sydney, 20 hours/week, July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025.
• Approved the Appointment of Valerie Taylor, retired, with Kingston Pastoral Charge, 30 hours/week, September 1 to December 31, 2022, while Search continues. Anne Cameron, Liaison.
• Approved the Profile and position description for Harmony Camden Pastoral Charge and authorize Search for 14 hour/week ministry personnel to begin. Linda Atkinson, Liaison.
• Approved the Appointment of Dianne Kempt to United Heritage Church, Sydney, 12 hours/week, September 4 to December 11, 2022. Donnie Morrison, Liaison.
• Approved the Appointment of Maxwell Martin to St. Paul’s United Church, Spryfield, 20 hours/week, September 12, 2022 to September 11, 2023. David Hewitt, Liaison.
• Approved the Appointment of Andrea Harrison to St. Andrew’s United Church, Halifax, 20 hours/week, September 12 to December 11, 2022.
• Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations for the purposes of Retirement for Wayne Jarvis, DLM, from Northumberland Pastoral Charge, effective June 30, 2023.
• Approved the Profile and position description for Sambro Jollimore Pastoral Charge and authorized Search for full time ministry personnel to begin. Sarah Reaburn, Liaison. While Search continues, approval is also given for a short-term, part-time Supply position.
• Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations of Gary MacDougall from Brunswick Street North River Pastoral Charge, effective November 30, 2022.
• Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations of Krista Elizabeth Winn from Cole Harbour Woodside United Church, effective January 31, 2023.
• Approved the Appointment of Jim McNaughton, Designated Lay Minister, with River and Lakeside Pastoral Charge, 20 hours/week, October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023. Dianne Kempt, Liaison.
• Approved that the Interim Ministry at United Heritage Church in Sydney is complete and authorized engagement of the Pastoral Relations process.
• Approved the Profile and position description for Port Mouton Pastoral Charge and authorized Search for a 12 hours/week ministry position. David Hewitt, Liaison.
• The next meeting of the Pastoral Relations Committee will be on Friday, October 28 at 9:00 a.m.
We know you want to grow generous disciples. We want to help. Let’s do it together.
Registration is now open for our Fall Called To Be The Church: The Journey Program. This 4-week Stewardship Training could make a real difference in your community of faith! For more information read here. Or contact Roger Janes (firstname.lastname@example.org). To register for our October sessions, click here.
You’re invited to the KAIROS Atlantic Fall Gathering!
KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives is a Canadian faith-based human rights & ecological justice movement that is active nationally, regionally and locally.
We hope you can join us for Building Hope for Atlantic Canada: Water, Land, Air and Food for All.
This is a hybrid event; join us on Zoom or in-person at St. Andrews United Church, corner of Coburg Rd. and Robie St., Halifax on Saturday, October 1st, 2:00 – 6:00 PM ADT.
Please pass this invitation on to your friends, churches and networks. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
See you there!
An Evening With Hannah’s Boys – First United Church, Trenton
First United Church Trenton is holding “An Evening with Hannah’s Boys” who are a musical gospel group from our own Pictou County on Saturday, September 24. Please click here for more details.