NEWS AND UPDATES FROM REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
Please send announcements to email@example.com
Emergency Response Memo’s Regional Council 15 (RC15)
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
To view upcoming programs at the Tatamagouche Centre please click here.
To view upcoming events at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
Regional Council 15 (RC15) Committee Volunteer form.
Gender-Affirming Care in Nova Scotia
View poster here.
Guaranteed Liveable Income update
I hope your summer is going well and here is an update about the work of your GLI team’s activity this summer. We are waiting to learn whether and when an election might be called, as this impacts our campaign.
Each congregation is being contacted with the help of a summer student and part of the sharing will be about GLI matters:
- Is your congregation aware of the United Church of Canada’s commitment to a Guaranteed Liveable Income? Please review the UCC web page resources: https://united-church.ca/social-action/act-now/create-guaranteed-livable-income-program.
What information would be the most helpful for your pastoral charge to help you in discovering more about Guaranteed Liveable Income and why it is a policy in our denomination?
- Indigenous members of the United Church have described how structural inequities in Canadian society continue to be reinforced in this time of pandemic. A guaranteed livable income program needs to ensure that both the application and payment processes facilitate participation by all Indigenous peoples. How might your congregation consider connecting with Indigenous leaders and others in your wider community about a Guaranteed Livable Income?
- If there is an election called soon, we have a kit to help with letter-writing to candidates to lobby them about including GLI in their platform. View kit for download here.
We also now have UCC approved lawn signs and bumper stickers which you can download and have printed for your community of faith’s use: GLI LawnSign-1 GLIBumper Sticker-1
- Summer reading suggestion: In the fall, we are planning an on-line book study of Hugh Segal’s book Bootstraps Need Boots: One Tory’s Lonely Fight to End Poverty in Canada. Stay tuned for further details.
- Is your congregation aware that Sunday October 17, the UN International Day for the Elimination of Poverty, is being set aside to emphasize the importance of a Guaranteed Livable Income. Worship Resources are being sent to all congregations for this Sunday and other worship resources are already on the website and more will be added. Would you be prepared to use a service that was fully planned around Guaranteed Liveable Income?
- Would you like to be on the contact list concerning Guaranteed Livable Income matters? Please let us know who is the best person (people) to follow-up with in your pastoral charge around Guaranteed Liveable Income.