NEWS AND UPDATES FROM REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
Please send announcements to email@example.com
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
Regional Council 15 (RC15) Committee Volunteer form.
Condolences: Morley Bentley
Condolences: Robert Murray
Our sympathy is extended to the family of Robert Murray who passed away August 3, 2021. Robert was a long time lay member of Pictou Presbytery and Secretary for over 13 years or more. A copy of the obituary can be view here.
Decommissioning of the Grand River United Church
The Decommissioning of the Grand River United Church will take place on Sunday, August 22, at 2:00 p.m. in Grand River, Cape Breton. This closing service is dedicated to the work and memory of the people of the Grand River United Church who served their local church community and the wider community since 1929. We will be following the COVID protocols in place on that date.
Pastoral Relations News – August 2021
- Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations from Penny Nelson, Tatamagouche Pastoral Charge, effective October 10, 2021.
- Approved the Call of Penny Nelson to Knox United Church, Lower Sackville, full-time, effective November 1, 2021.
- Approved a half-time Congregational Designated Ministry Youth Coordinator position at Woodlawn United Church.
- Approved the Renewal of Appointment of Keith Wiseman, Candidate, with St. Peter’s Grand River Loch Lomond Pastoral Charge, 30 hours per week, November 11, 2021 to June 30, 2024.
- Approved the Profile materials and position description for Central United Church, Lunenburg, and authorize Search for full time ministry personnel to begin.
- Approved a short term, part time supply position at Central United Church, Lunenburg, while Search proceeds.
- Approved the Profile materials and position description for Brunswick Street North River Pastoral Charge, and authorize Search for 20 hours per week ministry personnel to begin.
1st Annual LLWL Gathering, September 16 – 18, 2021 at Tatamagouche Centre
Tatamagouche Centre is very excited to welcome Licensed Lay Worship Leaders back to the Centre! This invitation goes to all LLWL who are currently licensed by their Regions or are seeking to be licensed by their Region, and to those who have participated in the LLWL Atlantic program.
For more information on program content and bursaries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on licensing, please contact your regional website or licensing committee (Region 15: Rev. Dr. John Moses email@example.com. FSLDW Region: Rev. Brian DeLong firstname.lastname@example.org)
Returning from Exile
Plan to join us for a 24 hour in person gathering for aUCC members from 3pm – Sunday Sept 26 to 3pm – Monday Sept 27 at Berwick Camp in Berwick NS. Registration will be limited to 50 people. aUCC members will be given priority.
Cost – aUCC members $50
Theme – Returning from Exile
Reflecting with the Prophet Jeremiah as we reflect with others on our pandemic experience in a safe, collegial space.
Our time together will include aspects of each of our aUCC pillars – Community, Advocacy, Renewal and Education.
Register at Eventbrite: https://auccretreat.eventbrite.ca
NOTE: registration will open up to non-members in September if there is space. I you join the aUCC right now, your membership fees will essentially pay for themselves with this one retreat. There are so many other advantages. check out yoursanctuary.ca Membership fees are calculated on the basis of 10% of your Educational allowance.