If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
Archives, Records and History Committee
Mandate: To provide leadership and support in the gathering, categorization, preservation, and availability of historically significant records of Regions 15.
– 3 Designated Individuals
– Regional Archivist – Staff Support
– encourage cross region collaboration in support of the aims and missions of the Archives
– work with the Regional Archivist in the oversight of Region Archives, in co-operation with the General Council Archives, Records and History Committee
– propose an annual budget to the Division of Finance and Administration
– actively support the appropriate record keeping of records by the Communities of Faith, Divisions, and other Committees, as outlined by the Committee of Archives, Records and History and the United Church Manual
– securing funding to carry out the conservation strategies and reference services
– actively seek the appropriate transfer of records to the archives from Communities of Faith, Regional Councils and their Divisions/Committees according to church guidelines
– support the work of the Archivist as necessary (offering advice, volunteer assistance, liaison with the courts of the church
– work with the Archivist in developing appropriate policies
– report annually to the Regional Executive
– review the record books of Communities of Faith on a set schedule throughout the Region
– develop opportunities for clusters and/or networks necessary for the functioning of the Committee/Division
– interest in the story and history of The United Church of Canada, Regions, especially as it pertains to preservation and accessibility
– ensuring that archival information is preserved in a competent, professional manner
– commitment to ensuring that archival material is made available to the public in an inviting, welcoming manner
Accountability/Reporting: Through the Division of Finance and Administration to the Regional Council and Regional Executive on a regular basis. (As often as needed or required.) This is identified as a separate Region 15 Committee within the reporting action and accountability structure. At the same time, all Committees are strongly encouraged to work with similar Committees in other Regions on matters of mutual interest as appropriate.
Powers: Must refer decisions to the Division of Finance and Administration except the following:
– any matter contained within the approved budget
– any recommendations of the state of Community of Faith record books