If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
Mandate: To provide oversight, leadership, and guidance to Communities of Faith regarding property within the bounds of the Region.
– 7 Designated Individuals
– Executive Minister – Staff Support
– provide ongoing oversight of United Church property in the Region in keeping with any Region building or property policies
– keep an accurate record of the manses in the region and the state of repair
– conduct on-site reviews of manses after significant improvements have been completed, and to report its findings to the Community of Faith Covenant Committee
– ensure there are active Manse Committees on all Communities of Faith within the Region that own a manse
– ensure that regular on-site reviews of manses are carried out and to make necessary recommendations to the Community of Faith
– prior to a change of pastoral relations, an inspection of a manse is completed
– ensure Community of Faith Manse committees follow through on recommendations
– send completed reports to Pastoral Relations committee to have on file
– provide guidance to Communities of Faith with respect to professional services around all church properties
– develop opportunities for clusters and/or networks necessary for the functioning of the Committee/Division
– make certain the Region 15 property policies are followed
NOTE: A call or appointment may not be approved until the Committee is assured that manse recommendations have been adequately addressed.
– knowledge of buildings, structures and their maintenance
– practical understanding of the housing requirements necessary in a manse
– consultative and pastoral skills
Accountability/Reporting: Through the Division of Finance and Administration to the Regional Council and Regional Executive on a regular basis. (As often as needed or required.)
Powers: Must refer decisions to the Division of Finance and Administration except the following
– acceptable condition of Manses
Property Handbook 2019-10-05 - Appendix A
Regional Council 15 Property Handbook 2019-10-05 (pdf) Regional Council 15 Property Handbook 2019-10-05 - Appendix A (Word)