If you are interested in being part of a committee please complete the Committee Volunteer Form and someone will be in touch.
To provide oversight, leadership, and guidance to Communities of Faith regarding property within the bounds of the Region in accordance with United Church of Canada policies.
- Secretary (at the discretion of the Chair)
- 7 Designated Individuals
- Executive Minister – Staff Support
- Division Chair (Ex-Officio)
- Receiving, reviewing and making decisions on all property related requests from Communities of faith and Incorporated Ministries of the united Church of Canada including:
- Buying, selling, Mortgaging, renting or leasing: Churches, halls, manses, vacant land, and cemeteries)
- New construction or major renovations
- Property Matters that come from Amalgamation, closure or disbanding of communities of Faith
- Distribution of proceeds from transactions within policy guidelines
- Processing Hunter Fund grant application
- Processing other grant applications that involve property related matters.
- Carry out all activities in keeping with the United Church Manual and “the Handbook for Communities of Faith – Property Matters.”
- Provide ongoing oversight of United Church property in the Region including keeping property records up to date.
- Ensure communities of faith have the new Handbook for Communities of faith – Property matters and provide guidance, interpretation, and education relative to this handbook.
- provide guidance to Communities of Faith with respect to professional services around all church properties
- The Chair will represent the committee on the division of Finance and Administration.
- Ensure Cemeteries operate within United Church polity and upon closure/disbanding of an associated community of faith or pastoral charge, the cemetery will continue to operate in compliance with Revenue Canada, Provincial and Municipal Legislation.
- knowledge of buildings, structures and their maintenance
- consultative and pastoral skills
Through the Division of Finance and Administration to the Regional Council and Regional Executive on a regular basis. (As often as needed or required.)
Must refer policy approval decisions to the Division of Finance and Administration. All other duties are the responsibility of the committee.