NEWS AND UPDATES FROM REGIONAL COUNCIL 15 (RC15)
Please send announcements to email@example.com
Making Hope Visible – Podcast
It’s Your Call – Podcast
Regional Council 15 (RC15) Committee Volunteer form.
Covenanting Service Rev. Susan Gamblin
The Search Committee for Trinity-St. Stephen’s United Church in Amherst is pleased to announce that the Covenanting Service for Rev. Susan Gamblin, our new Ministry Personnel, will be held on SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2022 at 2:00 PM in the Church Sanctuary. Guests, friends, neighbours and colleagues of Rev. Susan are invited to join the congregation on this special occasion in the life of our church ministry. A reception will follow in Burgess Hall.
Annual Meeting – Regrets Form
The Regrets form is now available on the website for anyone unable to attend Annual Meeting. Here is the link for your use.
Elected Members to Regional Council 2022
Please use the below link to complete the elected members form to Regional Council for 2022.
Pastoral Charge Information Form
The 2022 Pastoral Charge Information Form can be found on our Regional Council website under forms.
If you have had your annual congregational meeting and have elected your governing body for 2022, please click on the below link to complete. If you have not had your annual meeting, and have the same people serving in the governing body, we kindly ask you to still fill out the information forms.
Region 15 Pastoral Relations Committee – April 2022
- Approved the renewal of Appointment of Glenn MacLean with Onslow Belmont Pastoral Charge, 30 hours/week, July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
- Approved the Appointment of Jamie McLellan, Candidate, with Parrsborough Shore Pastoral Charge, full time, June 1, 2022 to June 30, 2024.
- Approved the short-term Supply Appointment of Valerie Taylor with Kingston Pastoral Charge, 30 hours/week, March 13 to July 10, 2022.
- Approved the Provisional Call of Rick Gunn, ordinand, with St. Luke’s United Church, Tantallon, full-time, effective June 1, 2022.
- Approved the short-term, Supply Appointment of Brenda McKay with Avon United Church, Hantsport, 20 hours/week, May 1 to July 31, 2022.
- Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations of Daniel MacDonald with Harmony Camden Pastoral Charge, effective June 30, 2022.
- Approved the position description for a Congregational Designated Minister – Coordinator of Children and Youth at First United Church, Truro.
- Approved support for the application of St. Paul’s United Church, Spryfield for Community of Faith Assistance in the amount of $7500.
- Approved the Request for Change in Pastoral Relations for the purposes of Retirement of Donna Lovelace, West Bay Pastoral Charge, effective June 30, 2023.
- Approved the Collaborative Ministry Agreement between Lower and Middle Musquodoboit Pastoral Charges with Sheet Harbour Pastoral Charge.
- Approved the Collaborative Ministry Agreement between Bridgewater United Church Digital Ministries (BUD) and Caledonia Pastoral Charge.
- Approved in principle the Ecumenical Shared Ministry between Trinity Anglican Church and Grace United Church in Digby, pending further documentation.
- Approved Boularderie Pastoral Charge as a Supervised Ministry Education (SME) site.
- Approved the position description for the Congregational Designated Ministry position in Family Ministries at Bedford United Church.
- Approved the Provisional Call of April Hart, ordinand, to the Collaborative Ministry of Bible Hill Pastoral Charge and Coldstream Pastoral Charge, full time, effective June 1, 2022.
- Approved the Profile and Position Description for full time ministry personnel at Shubenacadie Pastoral Charge, and authorize Search to begin.
- Next meeting: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Worship Service Sunday May 29 – Annual Meeting Planning Committee
The Annual Meeting Planning Committee is preparing a worship service for Communities of Faith around Region 15 to use on Sunday May 29. The themes and content of this resource will align with those being used in worship at the Regional Meeting. So, in a sense, we can have region-wide worship on Annual Meeting weekend. All that is needed is lay leaders in your church to lead this pre-prepared worship service. By providing this resource the AMPC hope that congregations can release their ministers to focus on the work of the region during the Annual meeting weekend. This is an early announcement to help worship committees plan for lay worship leadership on Sunday May 29. The service materials will be published in the Wednesday May 11 edition of the RC15 announcements
Worship 101 for Occasional Lay Worship Leaders
Have you ever been asked to offer partial leadership in worship–or take on an entire worship service–and had the sinking feeling that you didn’t know where to begin? Or, that you just can’t see yourself ‘up front’ in that leading role? Then we have a series of workshops for you!
The RC 15 Faith Formation and Leadership Development committee is offering a five part series– Worship 101 for Occasional Lay Worship Leaders. These workshops are meant to help the occasional lay worship leader untangle how to get started, where to find resources, and how to prepare to lead worship with confidence. These workshops are designed to respond to Regional Council 15’s Strategic Plan Pillars of Discipleship: to “Promote the importance of discipleship as core to the strengthening, vitality and sustainability of Christian community”; and Leadership: to “develop curious, faithful, brave leaders”.
The series will be held on Zoom in late April to mid-May. Click here for more details.
Zion Church Minister’s library – books offered to United Churches in Queens and Lunenburg Counties
With the recent closure of Zion United Church in Liverpool and pending sale of their building, Zion Church is offering up, at no cost, their wide selection of books / publications held in the Church Minister’s library to the United Churches in Queens and Lunenburg Counties. You are welcome to send someone to browse and take any books that you feel appropriate for your church’s use or interest.
For anyone who is interested in taking a look, Zion church will be open on Saturday, April 30th, 2022 from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Godly Play Maritimes – postponed until Sept/Oct
Godly Play Maritimes: May/June Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons has been postponed until Sept/Oct. New dates will follow when these are confirmed.