NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS (FSLDW)
It’s Your Call – Podcast
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters (FSLDW) Committee Interest form.
United Church Bookstore
Our bookstore is now taking pre-orders for 2023 church calendar. The prices are as follows: 1-9 $6.50 each and 10 or more $6.00 each. All prices include taxes. Deadline to order is September 15, 2022.
Notes from FSLDW Pastoral Relations Committee
-Approved the placement of Alicia Walls, Diploma in Diaconal Ministries student, to St. Andrew’s-St. David United Church as a social justice learning experience.
-Accepted the Community of Faith Profile of the Blackville Pastoral Charge and authorized a search.
-Accepted the Community of Faith Profile of the Millstream Pastoral Charge and authorized a search.
-Supported the sale of the manse in the Dalhousie-New Mills Pastoral Charge.
-Appointed Marlene MacLeod as temporary Pastoral Charge Supervisor in the Bridgedale Pastoral Charge.
Custodian Position at Trinity United Church, Riverview
A custodian is needed to work 6-8 hrs per week, when church is open.
Custodian works with the Trustees and reports to the Ministry & Personnel Committee.
• Clean, dust, sweep, mop, vacuum, wax, tidy and maintain building facilities.
• Report minor repairs and emergencies to the Trustees and/or Building Manager.
• Activate heat schedule for special events / services.
• Update Trustees, Daycare and Office staff on church usage.
• Open church and set up space for fundraisers, special events, rentals and lock up.
• Tend to garbage and spring clean-up.
• Attend wedding rehearsals and weddings and prepare sanctuary and tidy up.
• Other duties as required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact:
Janice Cooke (Chair, Ministry & Personnel)
telephone: (506) 850-5149
Region 15 Open Positions – August 2022
The following positions are open in Region 15 and are posted on ChurchHub. Please view the full details there. Please contact Regional Minister David Hewitt email@example.com for additional information.
- Cobequid and Upper Londonderry Collaborative Ministry
- Sharon St. John Stellarton and Greenhill Alma Merigomish Collaborative Ministry
- Avon, Hantsport
- Rivers of Grace (Anglican/United)
- United Heritage
- Paul’s Spryfield short term supply
- River and Lakeside
- Riverport and First South
We’re Hiring! Canadian Friends of Sabeel
Canadian Friends of Sabeel is hiring a paid, part-time Executive Director. Could you help us spread the word? This remote position entails 24 hours per week, with compensation of $25-$40 per hour.
2023 Mission Support Grant Applications
The 2023 Mission Support Grant applications are now available here. Deadline for completed application and supporting documentation is Tuesday, September 20, 2022 and can be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Administrator Job Posting for Stairs Memorial United Church (Dartmouth, N.S.)
Position available September 1st for part-time Office Administrator located in North End Dartmouth. Must be self-starter; organized and capable of multi-tasking; excellent communication skills, a proficient computer user a must. Complete job description can be provided by request.
Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons this fall! *dates clarified
Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons this fall!
There are a lot of things you can learn from a book or a lecture, but Godly Play is best learned from the inside out.
Available at sites:
– First Baptist Church, Halifax. Trainers: Shawn Redden & Jenny Eisener
– Sackville United Church, NB. Trainers: Cathy Laskey & Anne Pirie
Part 1: Friday, Oct 28 4pm – 9pm AND Sat, Oct. 29 8:30 – 5:30pm
Part 2: Friday, Nov 11 from 4pm- 9pm AND Sat, Nov. 12 8:30-5:30pm
Certificate for attendance at entire program
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· experience different kinds of Godly Play stories
· tell a story by heart and receive supportive feedback
· how to support a community of children
. fundamentals of setting up your own Godly Play space and program.
A parent reflects on Godly Play: “The children know that [to these leaders] their faith, ideas, thoughts and feelings are all valid and wonderful. They feel heard and important.” Chrystal
Register by Oct. 12, 2022 at https://godlyplaymaritimes.com/