NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS (FSLDW)
It’s Your Call – Podcast
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters (FSLDW) Committee Interest form.
United Church Bookstore
Our bookstore is now taking pre-orders for the 2023 church calendar. The prices are as follows: 1-9 $6.50 each and 10 or more $6.00 each. All prices include taxes. Deadline to order is September 15, 2022.
Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons this fall! *dates clarified
Godly Play Core Training for Storytellers & Doorpersons this fall!
There are a lot of things you can learn from a book or a lecture, but Godly Play is best learned from the inside out.
Available at sites:
– First Baptist Church, Halifax. Trainers: Shawn Redden & Jenny Eisener
– Sackville United Church, NB. Trainers: Cathy Laskey & Anne Pirie
Part 1: Friday, Oct 28 4pm – 9pm AND Sat, Oct. 29 8:30 – 5:30pm
Part 2: Friday, Nov 11 from 4pm- 9pm AND Sat, Nov. 12 8:30-5:30pm
Certificate for attendance at entire program
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· experience different kinds of Godly Play stories
· tell a story by heart and receive supportive feedback
· how to support a community of children
. fundamentals of setting up your own Godly Play space and program.
A parent reflects on Godly Play: “The children know that [to these leaders] their faith, ideas, thoughts and feelings are all valid and wonderful. They feel heard and important.” Chrystal
Register by Oct. 12, 2022 at https://godlyplaymaritimes.com/
Custodian Position at Trinity United Church, Riverview
A custodian is needed to work 6-8 hrs per week, when church is open.
Custodian works with the Trustees and reports to the Ministry & Personnel Committee.
• Clean, dust, sweep, mop, vacuum, wax, tidy and maintain building facilities.
• Report minor repairs and emergencies to the Trustees and/or Building Manager.
• Activate heat schedule for special events / services.
• Update Trustees, Daycare and Office staff on church usage.
• Open church and set up space for fundraisers, special events, rentals and lock up.
• Tend to garbage and spring clean-up.
• Attend wedding rehearsals and weddings and prepare sanctuary and tidy up.
• Other duties as required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact:
Janice Cooke (Chair, Ministry & Personnel)
telephone: (506) 850-5149