NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS (FSLDW)
It’s Your Call – Podcast
To view upcoming programs at the Tatamagouche Centre please click here.
To view upcoming events at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
To view Continuing Education opportunities at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters (FSLDW) Committee Interest form.
Holiday Hours for Regional Council Office
Regional Council Office will be closing on Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm for the Christmas holidays. Staff will be available again on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 8:00 am. In case of an emergency please contact Faith March-MacCuish, Executive Minister at 1-709-691-3524.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Executive Minutes, October 18 & November 3, 2022
The approved minutes from the October 18, 2022 Executive meeting are now available on the FSLDW website.
The approved minutes from the November 3, 2022 Executive meeting are now available on the FSLDW website.
Notes from the Pastoral Relations Committee
- Congratulations to the following Licensed Lay Worship Leaders on the renewal of their license for a three-year term:
- Corina Bolo – Alberton – Elmsdale Pastoral Charge
- Janet Coates – Rexton-McKee’s Mills Pastoral Charge
- Bernadette Demone – Rexton-McKee’s Mills Pastoral Charge
- Tracy Friars – Harmony United Church, Saint John
- Correction: Sharon Hannah whose LLWL license was approved last month is from Oak Hill, NB
- Best Wishes to Rick Burger, West River United Church, Cornwall PEI as he begins the process to become a Licensed Lay Worship Leader.
- Approved the reappointment of Rev. Dr. Ian Manson to Forest Hill United Church and Gibson Memorial United Church from January 1, 2023, to June 30, 2023.
Healing Pathway Phase 1 Course – Bedford UC – Jan 28 & 29, 2023
Bedford United Church is hosting Phase 1 of the United Church’s Healing Pathway programme on Jan 28 & 29 (Sat/Sun, 9:00am – 5:30pm). The instructors are Joy Judd and Rev Joanna MacQuarrie.
The fees are $210, reduced to $110, thanks to a subsidy from Region 15. The 15 available spots are filling up. If you, or anyone in your congregation might be interested, please access this link for information and registration. You can also contact Rev. Katie Aven, 902-835-8497 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is Jan 15, 2023.
United Fresh Start Free Training, January 24, 25, 26
We are excited to announce that training in the United Fresh Start Program is coming to the Regional Office in Sackville. We have 12 spaces available for free training in this exciting program that is designed to support the mutual ministry of clergy and lay leaders.
We are looking for people who want to learn about the program, practice your facilitation skills and then share that knowledge with others. To express interest please email email@example.com
If you have questions about the training after reviewing the information, contact the Regional Minister. firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities of Faith 2021 Annual Reports
A reminder that there are some outstanding 2021 Annual Reports. If available, please email to Regional Council office using the following email: info4RC14@united-church.ca
If you are unable to submit by email, please mail one copy of your report to:
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters
21 Wright Street
Sackville NB E4L 4P8
If you have already submitted your Annual Report, there is no need to resend.