NEWS AND UPDATES FROM FUNDY ST. LAWRENCE DAWNING WATERS (FSLDW)
It’s Your Call – Podcast
To view upcoming programs at the Tatamagouche Centre please click here.
To view upcoming events at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
To view Continuing Education opportunities at the Atlantic School of Theology please click here.
Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters (FSLDW) Committee Interest form.
Celebration of Life – Rev. Jim Forbes
There will be a Celebration of Life service in honour of Rev. James Walter Forbes (September 7, 1934-January 7, 2021). All are invited to join Jim’s family and friends as they celebrate his life, Saturday May 27, 2023, 2pm, R.H.Porters Funeral Home, 55 Almont Ave. New Glasgow N.S.
The service will be live streamed through www.rhporter.ca. Reception to follow.
Annual Meeting – Regrets (Deadline to Cancel Meals/Accommodations – May 22, 2023)
If you are unable to attend the meeting please fill out the regrets form.
If for any reason you are unable to attend the meeting following your registration please ensure to contact Jenn Whittemore (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel your accommodations and meals no later than May 22, 2023 or you will be billed by the Regional Office for those expenses following the meeting.
Annual Meeting – Webinars, Proposals and Remit
Dear members of the Regional Council,
Thank you for giving of your time to be present for our preparatory webinars, this helps both you and our committees as we move closer to our time together in Prince Edward Island. For those who have not been able to attend the webinars we ask that you take sometime to view the recordings on our Annual Meeting web page under Information Webinars (Pre Annual Meeting).
If you have questions about any of the reports please be in touch with the chairs of the committees.
- Affirm (Elizabeth Stevenson)
- Archives and Records (Julielynne Anderson)
- Faith Formation and Education (Heather Donnelly)
- Financial and Mission Services (Nathan Wright)
- Incorporated Ministries (Jim Blanchard)
- Justice, Mission and Outreach (Jim Wicks)
- Nominations (Rose-Hannah Gaskin)
- Pastoral Relations (Hugh Ellis)
- Property (Brion Crossman)
- Regional Meeting Planning (Richard Bowley)
- Tri-Region Staff Support (Martha Vickers)
On behalf of Rev. Faith March-MacCuish, Executive Minister
Annual Meeting Information Webinar Recordings Posted
Recordings of the webinar #1 and #2 have been posted to the Annual Meeting web page. The recording of webinar #3 will be posted by Friday, May 19, for those who are unable to attend.
Sunday Service May 28, 2023 – Annual Meeting
The Region will be sharing a Service for Congregational use for Annual Meeting Sunday, May 28, 2023. This will be posted on the annual meeting page by May 19, 2023.
First Aid Volunteers – Annual Meeting
We are looking for people that are certified in First Aid and CPR who would be willing to volunteer to be the first aid contacts in the event of any issues during the Annual Meeting. If you are interested, please send your name to Shari Kaster.
News from FSLDW Pastoral Relations Committee – May, 2023
- Accepted the request from the Quispamsis United Church for a change in pastoral relations and declared a vacancy effective August 1, 2023.
- Accepted the request for a change in pastoral relations due to retirement from Rev. Steve Berube, St. Paul’s United Church, Riverview, NB
- Approved the appointment of Catherine Ann Dickson, fulltime candidate supply, to the King’s United Pastoral Charge, Cardigan, PEI, effective July 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, subject to transition to a call on the date of ordination.
- Approved the call of Rev. Christine MacLeod to the Park Royal Pastoral Charge, Charlottetown, PEI, effective June 1, 2023.
- Accepted the community of faith profile of St. Paul’s United Church, Riverview, NB, declared a vacancy, and authorized the beginning of the search process.
A covenanting service between Ellen Locke (Candidate Supply), the Margate Pastoral Charge and the Fundy St. Lawrence Dawning Waters Regional Council will be held in the Princetown United Church, Malpeque, PEI on Sunday, May 21st at 7:00 p.m. May God bless this ministry between Ms. Locke and this community of faith.
Discussion Opportunity – Health, Joy and Excellence Summary Report
Our three Eastern Regions have been working in consultation to create an institute of learning and support for leaders.
A summary document has been prepared and we want to invite ministry personnel to assist us with the next steps as we continue to hone our focus and discover together opportunities for mutual learning and support.
To this end we will be hosting the final of three opportunities, via Zoom, for discussion and reflection on Saturday, May 27 at 10:30 (Newfoundland time)
Please register in advance for this meeting here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Visiting Scholar vacancy at AST
Atlantic School of Theology in Halifax is seeking to appoint a Visiting Scholar in Theology in 2024. Application deadline: May 18th. Complete details may be found at this link.
Decommissioning Service for Tenecape United Church
The Decommissioning Service for the Tenecape United Church, 1793 GlooscapTrail ,Hwy 215, Tenecape, NS, will be held on Sunday, May 28, 2023, at 2:00pm. The service will be held at the Tenecape Community Hall, followed by a reception.
All are welcome to come and share in this time of remembrance and celebration of the ministry of this congregation.